Thursday, July 23, 2015

It's been awhile!



So, yes it's been awhile since I've posted and I wanted to give an update of what's been going on! This will be a short post, but I have more things coming up! I have been so busy, like off the charts ready to crawl into the fetal position and cry busy. Ugh! Where to begin?

 Well, my husband took his vacation at the end of June so we went back "home". Since we moved 300 miles away from our hometown in February of 2014, we mostly go back home every time he has vacation, especially now that we have a sweet grandbaby!

My oldest is getting married next year so we had a lot of fun wedding planning, and dress shopping, and looking at venues. We finally got one picked out so it's one less thing on our list! After all of the excitement and an extra long ride home, we had to get back to reality.

On top of vacation, homeschool, housework and life, I have had crochet order after crochet order! I have made these fabulous mermaid tail sack blankets. They seem to be a real hit! I love all of the color combos you can do with these. So pretty!

We also had some company last week! One of my best friends and her daughter came to stay with us for a few days. These 2 are also best friends.

On Friday, we went to the Alamo because they have never been to San Antonio, and also across the street to the wax museum. It was so hot at about 95 degrees outside, we were very happy to cool off in  the A/C for a few minutes.

On Saturday, we went to see the movie Inside Out! Wow!!

 If you have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it! Just be sure to bring your tissues. After a trip to our favorite store, Trader Joe's to get some organic peanut butter and some face wash, we decided it was time for doughnuts! Not just any old doughnuts would do at 10pm. We had to have Krispy Kreme!!

They were in awe of the yummy doughnuts being made right in front of them. They even gave each of us a free doughnut, and then we bought some of course lol. So. good.

We had such a good time with our friends while they were in town, and it was sad to see them go.

I will be making some more posts soon! We are going to start something new in our homeschool called notebooking. We are really excited about it! We are also going to start our state study with our first state being TEXAS of course! I'm also hoping to have my book review up over the Christian novel, The Art of Losing Yourself.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment