Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up...Nothing ever goes as planned



Nothing ever goes as planned. That's kind of the story of my life. I don't necessarily mind it on the small things like this week. It's really one of the reasons I love homeschool. If everything went exactly how I'd planned it to go, then it would be boring.

Edyn and I were both a little under the weather this week, so I don't have many cool things to share. It was kind of a boring week, hence the didn't go as planned title.

Monday we decided to start our day off at the park. It has been a beautiful week here in Texas. While a lot of people were digging themselves out of snow, we were having 70 degree sunshine. Why can't it be that way all year long here in Texas? We got to our favorite park that's right next to our favorite library. It's the best. We even brought a picnic lunch to have. We had been there maybe 5 minutes and Gav met a sweet little 4 year old girl who gave him a run for his money. She was so sweet and outgoing and totally didn't mind playing with the big kids. They took off for their first slide of the day, and she comes to me and says, "Something happened. He got stung by a bee." My heart drops because of course I didn't have any Benadryl with me and Gav tends to be allergic to...the world. He had never been stung by a bee, so I throw them all in the car and run down to the store and buy some Benadryl. We met a really nice lady while in line and learned out to apply tobacco to the sting. I had always heard something about that, but wasn't sure what the protocol was. She ripped open a cigarette and pasted it on his hand. He got stung in between his fingers so that was a horrible spot. Between the tobacco and the Benadryl he was fine. He was very tired so we went to the grocery store and headed home.

Like I said, Edyn and I weren't feeling our best so we kind of had an easy week. We did our normal math and reading, but we got to enjoy our new audio adventure by Heirloom Audio. Wow, we are loving it! I don't want to give anything away, and I will be doing a review on it soon. All I'm going to say is we can't wait to order the rest!


We continued to work on our Homeschool in the Woods Hands on History Lap-Pak about elections. The kids are really enjoying it and have learned all about the branches of government this week. I am also going to be going into detail soon about it with another review soon! You all will love it!



So, after a kind of off week, my husband decided that he wanted to take the kids to a new ice cream shop called Subzero. Wow, is it neat! They start with the base which can be cream, custard, yogurt, or even vegan or lactose free versions. You get to pic the flavoring and mix-ins, and then they shoot it with liquid nitrogen! It is super cool. The kids learned that it's -321 degrees and that if they don't keep stirring it around, then it will just freeze into a big block. It was some of the best ice cream I've ever had, and we can't wait to go back.



So, now it's time to prepare for this week. I am looking forward to some new things we are going to try. We are hoping to start adding in some Charlotte Mason methods this week, plus we are looking forward to discussing The Dragon and the Raven even more. I hope everyone has a blessed week!













No comments:

Post a Comment