Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Wrap-Up - Special Birthday Today!



This has been a pretty laid back week. We really didn't do much of anything out of the ordinary.

We are still loving our study of the Rainforest Journey from Edtech Lens.  We have talked about and looked at some beautiful pictures of the different layers of the Rainforest. We wanted to also read a living book to go with it, so I chose a book called "It's a Jungle Out There." It's a story about a missionary who was born and raised in the rainforests of Peru. It's really keeping our attention so far!



Gavin is really into life hacks. He has literally sat and watched Youtube videos for hours on different ones and has tried just as many. He has been begging to do the orange candle. I've been on an orange kick lately so I had a bunch and decided that it was the perfect day. So he took the orange and made a cut lightly around the perimeter of it and then he pulled the bottom half off so that the middle of the orange was like a candle wick. We poured some olive oil in it and on the wic...it worked. I have to say, in an emergency this would be a good way to have a little bit of light.



Towards the end of the week, Edyn had a bite on her arm so we decided to go ahead and take her to the dr. They ended up putting her on antibiotics, so hopefully she's on her way to recovery. It's still pretty sore for her to move it. 

So, I told you this was a pretty boring aka laid back week lol. BUT today is SOOOO SPECIAL!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILA ROSE!!!!



One year ago today, my life changed when I got to see my sweet grand doll enter this world. She has been such a blessing to us. I never knew that I could love another human as much as I did my own children. She has me wrapped around my finger so much...it's a good thing she doesn't know that yet lol. The worst part about living 300 miles from your family is missing days like this. I wish I could run over and hug her and bring her all of her gifts, but that will have to wait until next weekend. I am really excited to see her at her and celebrate at her birthday party!

So, next week there will be no weekly wrap up since we will be out of town!  I hope everyone has a great week this week coming up! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment