Tuesday, April 26, 2016

GREEMU by Devonian - A Schoolhouse Crew Review


I have always heard about the benefits of emu oil but have never tried it. With us being a vegetarian/vegan family, I was super excited to hear that there was a plant based alternative for emu oil. GREEMU by Devonian which is distributed by Koru Naturals conforms to the standards of pure emu oil. We have been using it for the past couple of weeks and it has proved itself to be a wonderful product for all types of things.

What is GREEMU?

Emu oil that most people are familiar with is extracted from the fat tissues of emu birds. It has a composition of fatty acids that are not present in other oils. Although it has many wonderful uses, it poses a real problem for people who are opposed to using any type of animal products. Devonian designed GREEMU with this in mind and made this product free from any animal ingredients.

GREEMU is a blend of plant oils and butters that have the same lipid composition that matches Grade A emu oil. It is made with macadamia seed oil, palm oil (certified organic), shea butter, sunflower seed oil, and rice bran oil.

These 5 oils come together to create this unique vegan "emu" oil each adding their own benefit to the mix.

Macadamia Seed Oil: Hydrates dry and rough skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines; also good for hair

Palm Oil: Highly beneficial for skin health

Shea butter: wonderful moisturizer that also contains vitamin E; great for face and hands and also a perfect conditioner for dry and brittle hair.

Sunflower seed oil: helps repair skin's barrier, reduces inflammation and helps hydrate dry skin

Rice bran oil: used by Japanese women to keep the skin wrinkle free and smooth

How did we use GREEMU?

I really wanted to review this with both my 14 year old daughter and myself in mind. We both were blessed with dry skin and eczema. I get dry patches on my face and also my legs. She like me gets dry patches around her nose and on her forehead in her hairline. We would use this in the morning and at night to go with our daily routine. We would apply it mainly before we would do our make up and at night when we would take it off.  It proved itself to be a fantastic moisturizer. First of all, you don't need to apply much. A few drops go a long way with this product. If you get too much on, you will feel oily. Just go with a small amount and you can always add a bit more if you need it. It's not supposed to be slathered on like a cream moisturizer.

The second use I had for this was for my dry legs. During the winter especially, my legs get super dry as do my hands.  I have to say, I put this on my legs and it was a glorious feeling. It was like instant hydration for them. It felt wonderful and instantly took that dry itchy feeling and turned it around.

The last thing that we were really happy and amazed with was for my daughter's wild and crazy hair. This girl has hair that is extremely thick and semi curly. Of course in Texas this tends to make her hair incredibly frizzy. We applied the oil starting from the root, and moving down to the ends of the hair. Her hair is so dry that I actually applied a little more at the end where it's the worst. It worked wonders. It made her hair shiny, but not oily, and much more manageable. I was highly impressed with this!


What did we think?


Since I have never used emu oil before, I really don't have anything to compare GREEMU to. But, with that being said, I feel like as good as it worked, then it would definitely be a great alternative. With it being free from any animal ingredients. it will appeal to the vegan/vegetarian community too.

We were sent a bottle 4 fl. oz. size bottle, but a little goes a long way. Again, you aren't going to just drench yourself in this. Also, I want to point out that they say if you are allergic to plant oils, then this is probably not the product for you. The only thing I would suggest to change is the bottle. It just seemed a little messy and sometimes I would get out more than I wanted to use. I definitely don't want to waste it! Other than that, I would definitely want to make this a staple of my home.

If you are looking to purchase an all natural, vegan alternative to emu oil, then I would highly suggest GREEMU by Devonian. You won't regret it!






Make sure to follow Koru Naturals/Devonian on Social Media!


We were lucky enough to have 85 people review this product. If you would like to read other reviews, just click the banner below!


Greemu Devonian Review

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment